Thursday 12 August 2010

Calm before the storm?

Ah, football, how I've missed you. It could have gone a little better, to be fair, but still blissful to spend a night sprawled out on the couch struggling to keep my eyes open and missing most of the goals in regular time. That's what replays are for!

Drama of the week is that, for the first time in almost 15 years of owning dogs, we found a single, solitary flea on one of them, therefore the house has gone into full lockdown crisis management mode. To top it off, the blame has utterly unfairly been placed on me! Just because I jokingly suggested a few weeks back that it would be karma to get fleas from cuddling cute kittens, this has (totally unjustly) been accepted as the official explanation, and I am to suffer the consequences for bringing this plague upon the household. It also doesn't help my mum's stress levels that this has appeared right on the eve of her visitor arriving. I've paid as much attention as I usually do to the arrangements so all I really know is that for somewhere between the next 1 and 30 days there may occasionally be an extra person in the house for me to either avoid or fight for the remote over.

There are, surprisingly, dangers to taking phone calls while half asleep. At some point last week, I'm relatively sure I didn't just dream my OT calling to set up a special joint session... at 11am. I thought she said the 14th, but that's a Saturday, so that makes no sense at all. It's entirely likely really from about now on that one morning I'm just going to be woken from a deep sleep to be dragged out of the house to some sort of special meeting that's been talked about for months now. Maybe that will end up better for me, so long as I can find the motor function to throw some clothes on then I can cut most of the journey stress by staying almost completely asleep through it. Plus, what a great first impression I'll make on this new person when I show up with my absolutely EPIC bed hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment