Wednesday 14 July 2010

Now that it's raining more than ever... I'll hit you with an umbrella.

Seven days, seven entries, seven followers. There's a nice symmetry to that. But on the other hand... that's not very good. Don't you know who I am, internet?! I am a beautiful and unique snowflake, pay attention to me! Maybe this whole blog thing would have gone a bit better if I actually had friends to bribe – or at least minions. I'm down to a single minion and she's pretty overworked as it is.

I thought it was meant to be summer? It's rained non stop for the last couple of days, really not sure that trading watering for sunshine was a great deal now. However, in those extra three minutes for Pokémonning, I did manage to hatch an uber-skilled Togepi, so maybe it will have balanced out if he wins me a couple of battles. The dogs still need walked in it though, so I'd better hope we get a break from the deluge before the day's out or I'm going to get soaked, again. I'm running out of clothes after that last escapade, I already had to spend the day freezing cold in my shorts so if THEY go... well, I'm just glad I had my OT appointment this morning instead of tomorrow. That one could have been awkward otherwise.

Last time I took the dogs out, I carried a big stick. If anyone asked, I was going to claim that I was pretending to be the legendary Sumerian warrior, Enkidu. But no-one asked.

As an aside, I'm amused that my spell check has suggested changing the words “pokémonning” to “poisoning”, and to change “uber-skilled” to “semi-skilled”. It wasn't keen on Enkidu or Togepi either, but that's not as funny so I'll just ignore that. Digitized utility stumbles slightly over proper nouns, it's not the richest vein to mine comedy from.

At least we've had some mild chaos keeping me amused. For what feels like about the 8th time, a family member rescued another dog! Maybe we have some sort of magnetic anomaly under the house that attracts runaways? Or maybe we all just smell of chum. This time it was a sheepdog that had somehow managed to get itself lost, and had made its way across several fields and a moor to come and sit at my dad's feet. Last time it was me that did the heroic rescuing I got a tin of biscuits, so I was cursing my luck at being too slow with the lasso. When it inevitably happens again we'll have a fight on our hands to go and play the hero. I'll probably get bitten.

No comments:

Post a Comment