Thursday 15 July 2010

Words.

Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world.

Buddha said that, and he was wise enough to get his own religion, let alone followers or minions. In fairness I only know about that quote through Civilization, but still. Words. Boyzone sang a song about them that was probably a cover, and is now annoyingly firmly implanted in my head. The pen is mightier than the sword. One of my favourite words is “fractal”. No real reason, I just like the way it sounds. Its funny, I don't particularly like the word 'blog' in and of itself, but some of the words that I've shared on it have maybe gone a little distance towards healing some things. Also, Ke$ha apparently doesn't like it when you use too many words, she prefers umm... physical deeds to the talking about them, to put it nicely. So I've heard.

Anyway, out of the minuscule amount of feedback I've received (HINT HINT HINT COMMENTS HINT) it seems that my lighter hearted posts have gone down better than my attempts at being deep and meaningful. Maybe I ought to dial back on the pretentiousness and stick to my zany adventures with telemarketers and hedgehogs, adjust the browmostat from high to low.

Anyway, to continue with the tenuous theme, today's word of the day in the house is “crispfinisher”. That's my brother's new name, and should any of my readers have contact with him in the near future, I expect you to address him as such. I feel it's relatively self-explanatory as to how he earned it.

I really do have that stupid Boyzone song stuck in my head now. Maybe I'll put it on on youtube to get back at the crispfinisher. He deserves no less.

2 comments:

  1. I watched a really random documentary until midnight last night on Buddha's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete