Friday 16 July 2010

A statement and apology

Pah! A week and a bit in, and I've got my first legal problem. What I want to know is who taught a 12 year old the concept of libel, and what exactly did they hope to gain by it? Either way, I would like to issue the following statement.

Following yesterday's entry upon this blog, dated at 16:14 on the 15th of July, 2010, it was brought to the attention of the family court that my brother, referred to as a “crispfinisher”, disputed these charges and felt that the publishing of said allegation constituted libel against his person. As a reconciliatory gesture to settle out of court, I, the author, editor, and publisher of said blog, would like to acknowledge that said accusations were, in fact, erroneous. Furthermore, it has been brought to my attention that the crisps in question were in fact communal, and that I have no legitimate claim of ownership nor incurred any losses by the finishing of said crisps by a third party. I also appreciate and accept the fact that if the finishing of crisps is going to cause arguments within the familial unit, access to further packets shall be restricted thusly.

I would therefore like to apologise unreservedly to the plaintiff, and a new nickname shall be agreed upon at an undisclosed future time. Should anyone have any suggestions as to what is appropriate to call a smart-arsed 12 year old who claims libel over accusing him of finishing the crisps, they shall be taken into consideration.

2 comments:

  1. woops... I posted this comment on an old post of yours for some reason!
    hey I was looking at a friends blog, who has m.e and went randomly creeping through some blogs and found yours... and I was thinking do you have M.E too? your first post sounded like M.E, I used to have it... sorry if you do, it's a shitty sickkness. just thought I'd say hi :]
    xxxx M

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, don't worry, I like long essay comments and have no idea where to contact either! my email addy is mimisfirsttime@live.co.uk if you don't want your comments on that commenty thing.

    ah right I thought so. I was pretty lucky I only had it 2 and a bit years and it was always quite mild and I knew a lot of people who were totally housebound with it, I always got into school a day a weekish, but I was on a support forum with people who were so ill it was so shocking.

    Yeah... a lot of that stuff is so depressing but so interesting. Of course you're right, they're all individual with likely absolutely nothing in common, those books just go on and on and on with all these depressing statistics that get stuck in your head. I'm sure just being there is enough for anybody.. when I was ill there was this one girl who was just always there. Not in an always deep meaning, rantng and things way, but just in general, being cool and funny and then you could always just confide in her, no pressure. That helped me when i was diagnosed anyways .. and I followed you! took me a few minutes to realise how ;] but I did it..xx m

    ReplyDelete